Bill Assistance

Critical Care and Chronic Condition consumers who have medical conditions and are at risk of being disconnected may request a deferred payment plan for the balance due. Each time a customer seeks to avoid disconnection of service under this subsection, the customer must accomplish all of the following by the stated date of disconnection:

  • Have his/her attending physician call or contact the REP no later than the stated date of disconnection;
  • Have his/her attending physician submit a written statement to the REP; and
  • Enter into a deferred payment plan.

The PUCT provides an application and instructions for consumers to submit the form to their utility:

  • Have his/her The P

Victims of Family Violence

If you are a victim of family violence, you can have your electric service deposit waived. To qualify as a victim of family violence, you will need to provide a Texas Council on Family Violence deposit waiver certification letter.

The letter must be filled out by family violence center personnel, treating medical personnel, law enforcement personnel, a Texas District Attorney or County Attorney, Office of the Attorney General personnel, or a grantee of the Texas Equal Access to Justice Foundation.

The letter must be FAXED directly to the Retail Electric Provider (REP) using the REP’s toll-free FAX number. A copy of the deposit waiver certification letter and waiver forms can be obtained from the Texas Council on Family Violence’s Website at:

Electric Payment Assistance

211 helps Texans find financial assistance to pay for housing and other essential services. Simply dial 2-1-1 or visit:

Low income households may be eligible through the Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) for additional bill payment assistance. The CEAP involves integration of LIHEAP-funded programs and is administered through sub-recipients that cover all 254 counties of the state. Residential consumers can learn more about qualifying for these funds at the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs website at

Veterans and Active Military Assistance

Veterans and active service members may find resources available at the Texas Veterans Portal.